Friday, April 17, 2020

Announcements

April 17, 2020

With every week we are learning and growing as we transition to this new mode of learning.  When we gather in Google Meet for Grade 5 Math, I will email/post the code approximately 5 minutes before our start time.  After coordinating with classes and teachers we will try the following schedule in hopes that it works for the time being.

Grade 5 Math Meet:
Wednesdays at 11 am

Some students have mentioned that it is overwhelming to check their GMail daily and deal with the inbox.  A suggestion I have to help manage this is to delete notifications after you have read them and answered the emails that need a response.  So, delete what you do not need to keep your inbox manageable.

Grade 5 Math-Current Work:

  • Review of Multiplication Strategies
  • Develop Division Strategies
  • Practice and use estimation strategies for each operation

There are time throughout the day that I have dedicated to replying to emails.  I look most mornings between 8:30-9:00 am.  I also spend several other times throughout the day checking assignments and emails around scheduled meetings.  Monday-Thursday I do a final check before 3:10.  Friday, my final check is before 12:30.  If you message me on a weekend I will respond on the first workday back.

Many students have emailed me with questions about their work and I do my best to answer and support them as promptly as possible.  




I hope this information helps you as we continue this transition in our learning.